Roaster Level 2 - SCA Intermediate & Profile Development Skills CAIRO, EGYPT
24 through 27 October 2023, Cairo Egypt
We will be teaching this class as part of a larger client project with Social Coffee Roasters in Cairo Egypt. It is open to the public.
The Academy of Coffee Excellence's Roaster Level 2 - SCA Intermediate & Profile Development Skills is a 4-day comprehensive roaster training course that adds significantly to the scope of and requirements for the SCA Foundation & Intermediate Certificates.
Roaster Level 2 - SCA Intermediate & Profile Development Skills Course establishes the craft of roasting with 4 days of in-depth coursework in the areas of coffee analysis and evaluation via cupping and triangulation, sample roasting and production roasting, production management, green coffee contract basics and roastery safety.
You will practice and build the skills of
- Cupping 2 different sets of sample roasts and select a coffee that is consistent with who you are as a roaster
- Roasting a minimum of 4 sample roasts
- Roasting a minimum of 10 production roasts
- Cupping and calibrating with Q Instructors and Q Assistant Instructors
- Developing a roast profile by moving a coffee from a sample, through flavor potential exploration and into a production roast
Academy of Coffee Excellence Roaster Level 2 Course graduates will demonstrate a proficiency with the scientific and technical elements of coffee roasting. You will also demonstrate basic quality control process skills for developing and producing production roasts. This course lays the groundwork for the ongoing development of your career in coffee.
It is important for you to know that educational offerings can vary widely in depth and breadth of instructional content among coffee educators. Always ask for a listing of the skills that you will be developing so that you can accurately compare the educational programming and experience that you will be receiving.
Your registration includes
- Tuition for the training and education
- Academy of Coffee Excellence workbook
- Foundation & Intermediate study guides
- Morning coffee & snacks
Registration cancellation policy