This 2-Day course moves at a fast pace and includes the Level 1 and Level 2 Certificate Exams.
- Mar 22 + 23, 2018 - This course is sold out
- May 7 + 8, 2018
Attendees will be trained in coffee flavor and the importance of recognizing coffee aroma. This systematic training provides a framework for consumers to be aware of and enjoy coffee aromas.
- Basic olfactory training to distinguish the difference between a representative group of 9 kinds of coffee aromas.
- Basic taste training to identify the ability to perceive 5 taste modalities and enable recognition of brix differences in coffee.
- Basic food science and a review of coffee sensory based on food technology.
Attendees will be presented with visual, olfactory, gustatory, and tactile information on differences in aroma and taste expressed in coffee. Perception and quantitative analysis of coffee enables identification and description of specific features. Attendees will acquire basic scientific knowledge about the physiochemical properties of coffee flavor in substances.
- Intermediate olfactory training on the nuanced differences among 10 categories of aromas.
- Intermediate taste differentiates taste modalities. Additionally common acids found in coffee will be recognized, classified and described.
- Intermediate food science will explore the chemical analysis of coffee flavor compounds
Morning coffee, baked goods, fruit, snacks and lunch will be provided each day.